Are you a Nepali student who wants to pursue higher education abroad? Look no further than Canada – a land of extraordinary educational opportunities. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into everything you need to know about “Study in Canada from Nepal“, including benefits, entry requirements, top universities, funding, cost of living, job opportunities, visa process, and advice to create a successful course cost experience.
- Advantages of Studying in Canada
- The Canadian Education System
- Top Universities to Study in Canada From Nepal
- Admission Requirements to Study in Canada from Nepal
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Nepalese Students in Canada
- Fee to Study in Canada from Nepal
- Top Consultancies in Nepal for Canada
Advantages of Studying in Canada
Before, getting started with other processes and information, let’s talk about the advantages of studying in China as a Nepali Student.
1 Quality of Education: Canadian universities are world-renowned for academic excellence, rigorous standards, and cutting-edge research programs. Canadian titles carry more weight in the international arena.
2. Cultural Diversity: Canada is a mix of cultures, making it an ideal destination for international students. You will have the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world and gain a broader perspective on life.
3. Career and Investment: Canada offers excellent post-graduate career opportunities. The Postgraduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows you to gain valuable Canadian work experience, easing the transition to permanent residence.
The Canadian Education System
Now, let’s learn about the Canadian Education System:
1. Levels of Education: You can pursue many levels of education in Canada, including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Each level has its own set of benefits and challenges.
2. Grading System: Learn about the Canadian grading system, which normally spans from A+ to F. Understanding the grading scale will allow you to effectively assess your academic success.
3. Types of Institutions: Universities, colleges, and technical institutes are examples of Canadian institutions. Each sort of institution has its own set of programs and focuses on different aspects of education.
Top Universities to Study in Canada From Nepal
There are several prestigious universities in Canada are known for their academic quality and research contributions:
1. University of Toronto: The University of Toronto, founded in 1827, is Canada’s premier university, with a long history of confronting the impossible and reshaping society through the brilliance and determination of its staff, students, alumni, and supporters.
2. University of British Columbia (UBC): The University of British Columbia is a public research institution with campuses in Kelowna and near Vancouver. It is British Columbia’s oldest university, having been founded in 1908. UBC funds nearly 8,000 projects each year with a $759 million yearly research budget.
3. McGill University: McGill University is a well-known institution of higher learning in Canada and one of the world’s premier universities. International students from over 150 countries account for approximately 30% of the student body at McGill, the highest proportion of any Canadian research university.
4. McMaster University: McMaster University is one of just four Canadian universities recognized among the world’s top 85 by major global ranking systems. They take pride in being a center for innovation, discovery, and growth, with over 60 research institutes and over 32,000 students.
5. University of Alberta: The University of Alberta in Edmonton is one of Canada’s top teaching and research institutions, with a global reputation for excellence in the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
These institutions not only provide excellent education but also foster a welcoming environment for international students.
Admission Requirements to Study in Canada from Nepal
To begin with your Study Abroad in Canada process, you need to fulfill the following requirements.
1. Language Proficiency
If you are from a country where English is not the primary language, Canadian colleges will need you to present proof of English language proficiency. IELTS is the most widely recognized language test by Canadian colleges and universities.
For Undergraduate, you need to score at least an overall 6 Bands with not less than 5.5 in each band in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This score is accepted by most of the universities and colleges. However, to be safe try to score at least 6 in each band.
For Graduates, an Overall 6.5 Band with not less than 6 in each band is compulsory. If you can score more, it is better to have.
2. Academic Credentials
The Academic Credentials requirement varies between universities. The minimum score accepted by most of the universities in Canada is a CGPA of 2.8 for Nepali Students. If you have better academics then it might higher your chance of getting a Visa as well as a scholarship.
3. Documentary Requirements
- Completed student permit application form
- Academic Certificates
- Valid passport/travel document
- The University’s or Colleges’s Letter of Acceptance
- Property Valuation
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Source of Income
- Two current passport-sized photos with your name and birth date on the back
- Clean Police and Medical Reports
- CV, Word Experience Letter (If Required)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of Financial Support During You Study Period
Scholarships and Financial Aid for Nepalese Students in Canada
The CanadaVisa Study Hub $500 Scholarship Contest
The $500 Scholarship Contest is available via the Study Hub, an online portal that provides international students with a variety of tools and resources to help them make the most of their time in Canada as foreign students and graduates. Members of the CanadaVisa Study Hub can win $500 in the CanadaVisa Scholarship Contest. Every month, a new member is chosen at random to be the winner. The competition is intended to assist current international students and post-graduate workers in Canada.
Global Affairs International Scholarship Opportunities for Non-Canadian
Canada collaborates with organizations all around the world to promote international education through research opportunities in Canadian postsecondary institutions. The value of Global Affairs Canada scholarships varies depending on the period and level of study. Scholarships typically vary from $7,200 to $14,700.
Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s Program (CGS M)
The CGS M scholarship program is open to international students with permanent residency to fund their research in health, natural sciences and/or engineering, and social sciences and/or humanities. The prize is worth $17,000 for a period of up to 12 months.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) assists graduate students in funding their studies at a Canadian post-secondary institution that participates. Depending on the number of terms in a study program, the reward is between $10,000 to $15,000.
In addition to this scholarship, you will find other options for scholarships from Universities or Colleges. Make sure to consult with the consultancy wisely.
Fee to Study in Canada from Nepal
The tuition fee varies between universities/colleges and the course you choose. The average fee to study in Canada from Nepal for undergraduate and graduate programs is as follows:
|Programs||Tuition Fee (Per Year)||Nepalese Currency (Converted)|
|Undergraduate Program||12,000 to 25,000 CAD||NPR 11,83,296 to NPR 24,65,201|
|Postgraduate Master’s degree||14,000 to 35,000 CAD per year||NPR 13,80,512 to NPR 34,51,281|
Top Consultancies in Nepal for Canada
Below, you will find the best consultancies in Nepal for Canada:
|S.N||Best Consultancy in Nepal for Canada||Location|
|1||Kangaroo Education Foundation||New Baneshwor, Kathmandu|
|3||EDU Consultancy||Putalisadak, Kathmandu|
|4||Expert Education||Basundhara, Kathmandu|
|5||Pyramid Consultancy||Bagbazar, Kathmandu|
|6||Alfa Beta Consultancy||New Baneshwor, Kathmandu|
|7||Edwise Foundation||New Plaza, Kathmandu|
|8||AECC Global Nepal||Dillibazar, Kathmandu|
|9||Global Reach||Dillibazar, Kathmandu|
|10||The Next Education Consultancy||Dillibazar, Kathmandu|